EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — Authorities have identified the body discovered Monday evening at a vacant home in East Cleveland as that of 46-year-old Juvar King, a Warren man reported missing earlier this month.
The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed King’s identity on Tuesday, though his cause of death has not yet been determined.
According to East Cleveland Acting Police Chief Kenneth Lundy, officers responded to a call around 5:38 p.m. Monday regarding an unresponsive individual at a vacant home in the 1800 block of Chapman Avenue. Construction crews had arrived to clean the property and found King’s body on the porch.

“We really feel terrible for the family who has to endure this,” said East Cleveland Interim Mayor Sandra Morgan. “I know how difficult it is when someone is missing and then to find that they are deceased.”
King was last seen on Feb. 4 driving a white Buick LaCrosse, according to a social media post from the Warren Police Department. He was reported missing the following day.
Authorities are treating his death as a homicide, believing foul play was involved.
“We will work hard and do our very best to make sure those who are responsible are brought to justice,” Chief Lundy said.
Law enforcement is urging anyone with information to come forward. Tips can be submitted to the East Cleveland Detective Bureau at 216-681-2162 or Crime Stoppers at 216-252-7563. A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.